School Meals

Youth Center School Meals - National School Lunch Program

School Food Authority Release And Policy Statement For Providing Free Meals to Ingham County Youth Center Youth/Residents

All youth/residents within the Custody of Ingham County Youth Center are wards of the Court and/or the Court has authorized removal of the youth/residents from their parents into the care of Department of Human Services (Act-150). All youth/residents within our custody are not permitted to earn, receive, or retain any money while in our custody.

The School Food Authority (SFA) accepts responsibility for providing free meals and/or free milk and after school snacks to youth/children in the custody of Ingham County Youth Center.  The Facility/Site/SFA assures the Michigan Department of Education that the Facility/Site/SFA will administer all policies and regulations under the USDA National School Lunch Program.

All Youth/residents receive three (3) meals and a snack each day.  The facility never withholds food as a form of punishment or to induce a particular type of behavior.

Civil Rights

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint, and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  2. Fax:   (202) 690-7442
  3. Email: