Sundays: 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Wednesdays: 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m
Visitors are required to produce proper picture identification and may be subject to a search.
Visitation Rules and Regulations
All visitors must use the intercom buzzer at the driveway to gain entrance to the Youth Center; once your visit has been approved, the gate will open. Proceed to the intake door on the west side of the building, ring the buzzer and wait for someone to ask your purpose. Give your name and whom you have come to visit.
It is important that your visit be conducted in a calm manner. Arguments or loud talking will result in termination of your visit. It is mandatory that visitation rules be strictly adhered to as outlined below. Failure to follow these rules will result in termination of your visitation and may jeopardize future visiting privileges. All rules, designed to insure the safety and security of the youths in our care, apply to everyone entering the facility.
Only parents or legal guardians may visit. They must be on the visitation list. No children are allowed in the building at any time. A maximum of two visitors per resident at one time are allowed in the visiting area. If a person exits the building the visit is concluded.
- Purses, handbags, and unapproved items are not allowed in the building. Only keys and picture I.D. are allowed in the building.
- Those arriving to visitation on public transportation (i.e. CATA) should secure all personal items (except picture I.D.) in token operated lockers in the intake hallway.
- Mail, notes, pictures, and cards must be sent through the U.S. Postal system addressed to the Youth Center, before they can be given to a resident.
- Food, beverages, money, tobacco, hair products or anything else may NOT be brought to the resident in the Youth Center.
- Smoking is not allowed in the facility.
- There will be no hair braiding or any other kind of grooming (nail cutting, braiding, combing, brushing of hair) during visitation.
- No excessive hugging or physical contact.
- We reserve the right to refuse visitation to anyone believed by our personnel to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
If you have any questions or comments regarding procedures, we encourage you to contact the Youth Center Director at (517) 887-4340.